McCracken & Lopez, PA is a full service MEP Engineering and Commissioning firm located in Charlotte, NC. We have an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Engineer/P.E. with 5-10 years of experience in the design of power distribution, lighting, life safety, and telecommunications systems. The ideal candidate will have a positive, hands-on, collaborative and integrated work style to join our team. This individual will support our clients from the earliest stages of the design process through construction, closeout and long-term client support. Our practice provides diverse and cutting edge design in laboratory/research facilities, higher education, K-12, civic, government, corporate, office and mission critical/data centers.
Electrical Engineer that will be part of a multi-disciplinary team. This position will have primary responsibility for systems design and production of construction documents for a diverse range of projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Electrical design of power, lighting, emergency power, fire alarm and mass notification systems to include mark-ups as well as self-performed production utilizing CAD/BIM.
- Coordinating of low voltage systems such as telecommunications, security and AV.
- Generating and updating specifications for use on projects.
- Coordinating with other consultants, code officials and contractors.
- Assist in preparing short circuit coordination studies, arc-flash analyses and feasibility reports.
- Performing construction administration activities.
- 5-10 years of experience working in a design, production or management role as part of a consulting engineering firm.
- Registered Professional Engineer who is, or is able to be, registered in NC and SC.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Knowledgeable of electrical engineering codes, concepts, principles, and practices as well as familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emergency/standby power generation, low/medium voltage distribution, LED lighting systems, short circuit coordination and arc-flash hazards.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, and basic MS Office programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials, construction methods and systems.
- Experience with entire project lifecycle through post-occupancy.
- NCEES record/multiple state licenses
- REVIT experience
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred; LEED BD+C Accreditation, a plus
- RCDD Credentialed
- Experience with photovoltaic and wind turbine system design
- Experience in the use of lighting and short circuit analysis software
- Strong preference given to local candidates
The firm’s reputation is based on quality, innovation and service. We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen we rely on the talent, drive and enthusiasm of the people who work here.
McCracken & Lopez, P.A. offers a comfortable working environment with competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our respect for our employees, their contributions, professional goals and personal priorities.
If you would like to join our team, please forward your resume and a sample of a recent project (optional, 5 MB limit in PDF form) to firstname.lastname@example.org.