McCracken & Lopez, PA is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with a positive, hands-on, collaborative and integrated work style to join our team. This person will support our clients and other staff from the earliest stages of the design process through construction, closeout and long-term client support. Our practice provides diverse and cutting edge design in laboratory, higher education, K-12, civic/government, Corporate, office and mission critical/data centers.
McCracken & Lopez, PA is a full service MEP engineering firm located in Charlotte, NC. The firm serves clients from Florida to Maryland, with the majority of work being located in North and South Carolina. Our staff is made up of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineers, Commissioning service providers and field personnel all with contractor backgrounds.
The firm’s reputation is based on quality, innovation and service. We value people who help build a sense of community and who have a positive impact on those around them. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and growth opportunities.
If you would like to join this team and work on meaningful and diverse projects, please forward your resume and a sample of a recent project (optional, 5 MB limit in PDF form) to email@example.com.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of experience in design of electrical power, lighting, fire alarm, emergency power systems. Experience in voice/data is a plus
- Registered Professional Engineer required (NCEES record/multiple state licenses a plus)
- Must be or able to be registered in NC and SC minimum
- A working knowledge of emergency/standby power generation, low/medium voltage distribution, LED lighting systems, short circuit analysis, arc-flash, knowledgeable in the current NEC and NFPA guidelines
- REVIT experience strongly preferred; AutoCAD required at minimum
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred
- Experience with photovoltaic and wind turbine system design a plus
- Experience in the use of lighting and short circuit analysis software a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills